For All Users
Last updated: October 20, 2021.
Welcome to Plastiq!
As explained throughout this Policy, Plastiq obtains information from and about you in a variety of ways, such as if you are a direct user of the Services ("Plastiq Customer"), or a user of a Customer ("Customer User"). If you are a Customer User, your agreement with the relevant Plastiq Customer should explain how the Plastiq Customer shares your information with us and others. If you are a Customer User and you have questions about how the Plastiq Customer processes or shares your information, you should direct those questions to the applicable Plastiq Customer.
This Policy explains:
- What information does Plastiq collect?
- How does Plastiq use the information it collects and on what legal bases?
- Online Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising
- How does Plastiq disclose my information to third parties?
- How does Plastiq protect my information?
- Where does Plastiq store my information?
- How long does Plastiq hold my information?
- What are my Choices?
- What are my California Privacy Rights?
- What are my Nevada Privacy Rights?
- How are updates to this Policy handled?
- Contact Us
What information does Plastiq collect?
As you use the Services, Plastiq will collect the following information directly from and about you:
- Registration Information: When you register to use our Services, we collect information as necessary to offer and fulfill the Services you request. Depending on the Services you choose, we may require you to provide us with your name, billing address, telephone number, email address, Social Security
- Number, Social Insurance Numbers, Taxpayer Identification, or other government-issued identification. We may require you to provide us with additional information to confirm verification and identification.
- Financial information: We collect information such as billing address, payment card numbers, bank account numbers, photograph, and/or other proof of identification to verify your identity. We store payment card information and bank account information to facilitate scheduled and future payment purposes for your convenience. We may also collect withholding allowances and tax filing status.
- Transaction Information: When you use our Services to make or accept payments, we collect information about the transaction, as well as other information associated with the transaction such as the date of the transaction, description of the transaction, the payment amounts, and any merchant information, including information about any payment instrument used to complete the transaction, device information, and geolocation information.
- Location Information: When you use the Services, we and our service providers may automatically collect general location information (e.g., IP address, city/state and or postal code associated with an IP address) from your computer or mobile device. This information allows us to enable access to content that varies based on a user's general location. We will ask your permission before collecting your precise GPS location information. In such instances, we will use your precise geo-location information to provide customized services, content, promotional offers and other information that may be of interest to you. If you no longer wish for us and our service providers to collect and use GPS location information, you may disable the location features on your device. Please see your device manufacturer settings.
- Other information: We may collect additional information from or about you when you communicate with us, contact our customer support teams or respond to a survey.
There is also some information that Plastiq collects automatically about your device and use of the Services as follows:
- Device Information: We collect information about the device you use to access our Services, including your hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and information about the device's interaction with our Services. We may also identify other software running on the device (but will not collect any content from such software) for anti-fraud and malware-prevention purposes.
- Usage Information: We collect information about how you use our Services, including your access times, log-in and log-out information, browser types and language, Internet Protocol ("IP") addresses, any specific page you visit on our platform, content you view, features you use, the date and time of your visit to or use of the Services, your search terms, and the dates on which you interact with our Services.
If you are a Customer User, when you make payments to, or transact with a Plastiq Customer that integrates our services, we will receive your transaction information. Depending on how the Plastiq Customer integration works, we may receive this information directly from you, from the Plastiq Customer, or from third parties. The information that we collect will include payment method information (such as credit or debit card number, or bank account information), purchase amount, date of purchase, and in some cases, information about your specific transactions.
Information we collect from other sources. We may also collect information about you from third parties, such as Plastiq Customers, financial service providers, identity verification services, and publicly available sources relating to identity and account verification, credit investigation, fraud detection, or collection procedures. We may also collect additional demographic information about you and your interests from third-party partners and marketers to assist in better tailoring our Services to you. The information we collect from such other sources may be combined with the other information we collect from and about you and used in accordance with this Policy.
How does Plastiq use the information it collects and on what legal basis?
Our primary purpose in collecting information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Plastiq, its subsidiaries, and affiliates may use information about you for a number of purposes, including:
- Providing, improving, and developing our Services. We use your information to provide the Services to you and for our legitimate business purposes to facilitate, improve, and develop our Services for a better user experience. Some of these functions include:
- Determining whether the Services are available in your jurisdiction;
- Processing or recording payment transactions;
- Displaying your historical transaction information;
- Developing new products and services;
- Delivering the information and support you request, including technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages including to resolve disputes, collect fees, and provide assistance for problems with our Services;
- Improving, personalizing, and facilitating your use of our Services;
- To manage our business needs, such as monitoring, analyzing, and improving the Services;
Measuring, tracking, and analyzing trends and usage in connection with your use or the performance of our Services;
Improving the content and functionality of our Services, and to better understand our users;
Providing you with important communications about the Services, updates, legal notices, and payment notifications.
- For our legal purposes, including to:
- Compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties; for example we use your information to verify your identity in order to comply with fraud monitoring, prevention and detection obligations, laws associated with the identification and reporting of illegal and illicit activity, such as AML (Anti-Money Laundering) and KYC (Know-Your-Customer) obligations, and financial reporting obligations to prevent money laundering and financial crimes. These obligations are imposed on us by the operation of law, industry standards, and by our financial partners, and may require us to report our compliance to third parties, and to submit to third party verification audits.
- Prevent potentially fraudulent, prohibited or illegal activities and enforce our Terms of Service;
- Perform other duties as required by law.
- For marketing and event-related communications. In accordance with applicable local laws, we may send you email marketing communications or SMS messages about that:
- Provide more information about our Services
- Invite you to participate in our events or surveys
- Deliver targeting marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences
- Follow up with you with information regarding an event, after we have collected your information through our participation at such event.
Aggregate/De-Identified Data. We may aggregate and/or de-identify any information collected through the Services so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device ("Aggregate/De-Identified Information"). We may use Aggregate/De-Identified Information for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes, and may also share such data with any third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners, and sponsors.
Online Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising
In operating our Services, we may use a technology called "cookies." A cookie is a piece of information that is stored to your browser when you access the Services. We use various types of cookies, including session cookies, persistent cookies, local shared objects, pixels, gifs and other tracking technologies, session and persistent technologies, first and third-party cookies. Cookies can be persistent by remaining on your computer until you delete them or be based on your browsing session where they delete once you close your browser. First party cookies are used and controlled by us to provide services on our Services.
- Strictly necessary cookies: these are essential to enable you to use the Services. Without these cookies, parts of the Services may not be available for your use.
- Functional cookies: These cookies allow us to personalize features of the Services for you, such as by remembering your language and other preferences.
- Performance cookies: also known as "analytical" cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors use the Services. For example, they allow us to understand which pages are visited most often, and if they get error messages from web pages.
- Advertising cookies: Through the help of third-party service providers, we may place certain cookies on our Services that allow us to provide advertising for our Services both on and off the Services, as explained further below.
(b) Opting out of Cookies
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. Detailed instructions are provided by your browser. If you do not accept all cookies or withdraw your consent, you may still browse the Services; however, in this case you may not be able to use the full functionalities of the Services.
For more information on cookies and how they can be managed and deleted please visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org/ or your browser cookie settings.
(c) Online Advertising
We and non-affiliated third parties performing services on our behalf may integrate advertising technologies that allow for the delivery of relevant advertising on the Services, as well as on other websites and services you use. The ads may be based on various factors such as the content of the page you are visiting, demographic data, and other information we and our service providers collect from or about you. These ads may be based on your current activity or your activity over time and across other websites and online services and may be tailored to your interests.
Please note that if you exercise the opt out choices above, you will still see advertising when you use the Services, but it will not be tailored to you based on your online behavior over time.
How does Plastiq disclose my information to third parties?
Plastiq may share your information in the following ways:
Affiliates and Subsidiaries. We may share information we collect with our affiliates and subsidiaries under common ownership and control to deliver products and services to you, ensure a consistent level of service across our products and services, and enhance our products, services, and your customer experience.
Service Providers. We provide access to or share your information with select third parties who perform services on our behalf. They have access to perform these services but are prohibited from using your information for other purposes. They provide a variety of services to us, including banking and processing, billing, sales, marketing, product content and features, advertising, analytics, research, customer service, shipping and fulfillment, data storage, security, auditing, fraud prevention, payment processing, and legal services.
Plastiq Customers. Payment-related data, including your cardholder data, is stored by us for accounting and auditing purposes, and information about you may be made available to Plastiq Customers to which you make a payment via our Services or to which you have requested to be paid via our Services. Plastiq Customers paid through Plastiq may customize the information they collect from you via Plastiq at time of payment, and/or you may be able to customize the information you provide at the time of payment. This information is subject to change at any time and may include but is not limited to your full name, home address, phone number, and invoice number. You agree to allow Plastiq to share this collected information with the Plastiq Customer.
Third-party Services. We work with other companies and developers to offer you services and features and you may have the ability to link with these other entities through the Services. If you choose to connect with these third-party services and features, you are providing your consent for us to exchange your information with such other entities as necessary to provide the features and services to you. For information about how these other companies and developers use your information, please see their privacy policies and terms.
Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we may buy, merge, or partner with other companies. In such transactions, (including in contemplation of such transactions) user information may be among the transferred assets. If a portion or all of our assets are sold or transferred to a third-party, customer information (including your email address) would likely be one of the transferred business assets. If such transfer is subject to additional mandatory restrictions under applicable laws, we will comply with such restrictions.
Aggregate/De-Identified Information. From time to time, we may share Aggregate/De-Identified Information about use of the Services, such as by publishing a report on usage trends, demographics, and interests. The sharing of such data is unrestricted.
How does Plastiq protect my information?
We maintain a variety of organizational, technical, and administrative measures designed to protect your information against unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration or misuse. The specific measures taken depend on the sensitivity of the information we maintain. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (e.g., you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please contact us immediately using the Contact Us information below. We encourage you to monitor your account, use strong passwords, use unique passwords, and change your passwords frequently to help protect your information.
Where does Plastiq store my information?
The information we collect is stored on servers located in Canada, the United States, and other global locations that may have different data protection laws than in your jurisdiction. This includes storage by service providers and partners. By using the Services, you acknowledge that your information will be stored and processed in the United States, Canada, and other global locations.
How long does Plastiq hold my information?
We will keep your information for as long as it remains necessary for the operation of the Services or as required by law, which may extend beyond the termination of our relationship with you. However, even after you close your account, we can retain copies of information about you and any transactions or Services in which you may have participated for a period of time that is consistent with applicable law, applicable statute of limitations, or as we believe is reasonably necessary to comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, to detect or prevent fraud, to collect fees owed, to resolve disputes, to address problems with our Services, to assist with investigations, to enforce our Terms of Service or other applicable agreements or policies, or to take any other actions consistent with applicable law.
What are my choices?
We provide multiple choices in respect of the information we process about you:
- Opt-out of our use of your information for marketing purposes. If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us, you may opt-out via the unsubscribe link included in such emails. We will comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable and in accordance with applicable law. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages that are required to provide you with our Services.
- Right to access, correct and/or have your information provided to you. Depending on your jurisdiction of residence and applicable law, you may have the right to access certain information we hold about you, request deletion of certain of your information, or request correction of certain of your information. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable law, and we may need additional information to verify your identity before processing your request. To make a request regarding your information, please email us at: email@example.com.
- Object to, or limit or restrict use of information. You can ask us to stop using all or some of your information (i.e., if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (i.e., if your information is inaccurate or unlawfully held) by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
What are my California Privacy Rights?
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA") natural persons who are California residents have certain rights concerning their "personal information" as defined by the CCPA.
Pursuant to the CCPA's requirements, the following is a table indicating (1) the categories of personal information we may collect about you, (2) the categories of sources from which that information is collected; (3) the business and/or commercial purposes for collecting that information; (4) the categories of third parties to whom that information is disclosed; and (5) the business and/or commercial purposes for disclosing that information:
|Categories of Personal Information||Categories of Collection Source(s)||Business and/or Commercial Purpose(s) for Collection||Categories of Third-Party Recipient(s)||Business and/or Commercial Purpose(s) for Disclosing|
|Identifiers (i.e., name, alias, email address, mailing address, phone number, signature)||You, the consumer when you create an account; Service Providers||Performing Services; Processing and managing interactions and transactions; Quality Assurance; Security; Debugging; Marketing||Vendors which assist us in providing services and running our internal business operations ("Service Providers"); Data Analytics Partners;||Performing Services on our behalf; Processing and managing interactions and transactions; Performing Services; Quality Assurance; Security and Debugging|
|Commercial Information (i.e., sales engagement history, purchase and consumption history)||Directly from you; Your Devices; Service Providers||Research and Development; Quality Assurance; Managing interactions and transactions; Marketing||Data Analytics Partners; Service Providers||Performing Services on our behalf; research and development of improving our Services; Quality Assurance; Security and Debugging|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information (i.e., online identifier Internet Protocol address, unique personal identifier, web history, advertising history)||You; Your Devices; Data Analytics Partners; Service Providers||Research and Development; Quality Assurance; Security and Debugging; Managing interactions and transactions; Marketing||Data Analytics Partners; Service Providers||Performing Services on our behalf; Research and development; Quality Assurance; Security and Debugging|
|Geolocation data (i.e., the location from which you're logging in)||Your Devices; Service Providers||Performing Services; Processing and managing interactions and transactions; Quality Assurance; Security; Debugging; Marketing||Service Providers||Performing Services on our behalf; Processing and managing interactions and transactions; Performing Services; Quality Assurance; Security and Debugging|
Plastiq does not knowingly "sell" personal information that we collect from you, in accordance with the definition of "sell" in the CCPA. There is not yet a consensus as to whether third party cookies and tracking devices associated with our websites and mobile apps may constitute a "sale" of your personal information as defined by the CCPA. You can exercise control over browser-based cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser and following the instructions in the "Online Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising" section above.
The CCPA provides California residents with certain rights, subject to applicable exceptions, to request more information about the personal information we process, share specific pieces of personal information on request, and delete certain personal information. California consumers may make a request pursuant to their rights under the CCPA by contacting us at email@example.com or directly through our chat. We will verify your request using the information associated with your account, including email address. Government identification may be required. Consumers can also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on their behalf.
What are my Nevada privacy rights?
Under Nevada law, Nevada residents who have purchased goods or services from us may opt out of the "sale" of "covered information" (as such terms are defined under Nevada law). "Covered information" includes, among other things, first and last name, address, email address, and phone number. If you are a Nevada resident who has purchased goods or services from us, you may submit a request to opt out of any future sales under Nevada law by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity and the authenticity of the request.
How are updates to this Policy handled?
The Services may change from time to time due to changes in our practices, technology, or applicable law, which may necessitate revisions to this Policy. If we modify this Policy, we will post the revised Policy to the Services, and we will also revise the "Last Revised" date stated above. We will comply with applicable legal requirements regarding notification obligations regarding such changes. It is your responsibility to periodically review this Policy and you are bound by any changes to the Policy by using the service after such changes have been first posted.
If this Policy raises any further privacy questions, comments, or suggestions or if you wish to make a request regarding your information, we encourage you to reach out to us at email@example.com Our policies will continually adjust to the exciting and ever-changing landscape of payments and will be informed by the valuable feedback of our visitors and users.
Please also review the Terms of Service which governs your use of our Services. Capitalized terms in this Policy not otherwise defined herein have the same meanings as the definitions of those terms in the User Agreement.
Services in the state of Texas are provided by PLV Inc. DBA PLV TX Branch Inc., a Plastiq Inc. subsidiary. If you have a complaint involving a Texas transaction, first contact the consumer assistance for PLV, Inc. at (866) 313-9823 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you still have an unresolved complaint regarding the company's money transmission or currency exchange activity, please direct your complaint to: Texas Department of Banking, 2601 North Lamar Boulevard, Austin, Texas 78705, 1-877-276-5554 (toll free), www.dob.texas.gov.