Temporary change impacting select personal VISA credit cards
1 min. read
Sep 13, 2018
Starting today, customers may notice one of two temporary changes for select personal VISA credit cards used to pay recipients in the US:
- For Chase personal VISA credit cards, payments made through Plastiq may be subject to a lower card limit (typically ~20% of your total card limit). Your transaction should otherwise be treated normally with full rewards.
- For personal VISA credit cards that are not issued by Chase or Capital One, payments may be treated as a cash advance, and incur all cash advance-related fees & receive no card rewards.
We recommend changing the card to one that will not be impacted:
- Capital One personal VISA credit cards
- Visa business, corporate, debit and prepaid cards
- Mastercard, American Express, Discover, and JCB cards
To find out how your personal Visa credit card may be affected, please refer to our list of cards and expected impact.
For the few customers with scheduled payments that may be treated as cash advance, Plastiq will notify you. More information can be found in this help article and if you have any questions, please reach out to us.
Plastiq is working to resolve this situation with VISA for the limited cards affected. Thank you for your patience in this matter.
Eliot Buchanan, CEO
Stay up to date!
Don't miss out on new features, announcements, and industry trends by subscribing to our newsletter.